The types of information we collect
When you interact with the Service, we may collect personal data and other information from you as described below.
Information you give us
To enable you to enjoy certain features of our Service, we collect certain types of information, including personally identifiable information, during your interactions with our Service. For example, we collect information when you:
- Register to use our Service; and
- Participate in polls, contests, surveys or other features of the Service, or respond to offers or advertisements on the Service.
When you register to use the Service, we ask you to provide certain personal information, which includes your email address, birth year, gender, zip code and/or other geographic information, as well as a password for your account.
Automatic Data Collection
: We keep track of your listening activity. We collect information about stations, favorites, artists and tracks you have listened to or in which you have expressed an interest. Information about your computer or device
: We may also collect information about the computer, mobile or other devices you use to access the Service. For example, our servers receive and record information about your computer and browser, including potentially your IP address, operating system, browser type, and other software or hardware information. If you access the Service from a mobile or other device, unless you register, we may assign a unique device identifier for that device.
: On our Site, we do not collect your zip code, postal code, city or country unless you choose to provide this information to us at registration. Your general geo-location is collected at regular intervals if you use the Service on your mobile device. We collect this information to provide content and services that are customized for your geographic area.
Our use of the information we collect
We use the information that we collect for the following purposes:
How the information we collect is shared
- To personalize and customize the advertising and the content you see.
- To improve and enhance the listener experience. We use tracking information to determine how well each page and station performs overall based on aggregate listener demographics and traffic patterns to those pages and stations. This helps us build a better service for you.
- To fulfill your requests for certain products and services, such as sending out electronic newsletters and enabling you to participate in polls, contests, and boards.
- To send you information about topics or content that we think will be of interest to you based on your preferences, habits or geographic location.
- To send you information about the latest developments and features on our Service.
- To provide technical support.
We are not in the business of selling your information. We consider this information to be a vital part of our relationship with you. There are, however, certain circumstances in which we may share your personal information with certain third parties without further notice to you, as set forth below:
Non-Identifiable or Aggregated Data
- Information you allow us to share when you register with us, or through a subsequent affirmative election.
- Information used when we hire or partner with third parties to provide business-related services on our behalf, such as mailing information, maintaining databases, processing payments, sweepstakes management and prize fulfillment, data processing, customer/support services and other products or services that we choose to make available to our registered listeners. When we employ another company to perform a function of this nature, we only provide them with the information that they need to perform their specific function.
- We may share your information in connection with a merger between Gaincode and another entity, or in the event of a transfer of all or some of our assets to another company.
- We may share your information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary in order to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect or defend our legal rights or property as well as those of our business partners, employees, agents and contractors (including enforcement of our agreements); (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users or the public; (iv) protect against fraud or risk management purposes; or (v) protect against legal liability.
You can visit the Site without providing any personal information. If you choose not to provide any personal information, you may not be able to use certain features of our Service.
How we protect your information
We have taken reasonable steps to protect the personal information provided via the Service from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet, email or other electronic transmission is ever fully secure or error free, so you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us in this way.
Consent to processing
If you use the Service outside of the BVI, you fully understand and unambiguously consent to the transfer of such personal information to, and the collection and processing of such personal information in the BVI and other countries or territories. The laws on holding personal information in the BVI may vary and be less stringent than laws of your state or country.
Links to Other Web Sites
What are my privacy options and how can I change my settings?
To modify your registration information:
Once you have registered, you can change your registration information (including your email address and password). Opt out:
Each email communication we send you will contain instructions permitting you to "opt-out" of receiving future marketing communications. In addition, if at any time you wish not to receive any future communications or you wish to have your name deleted from our email mailing lists, please contact us as indicated below. Note however, that certain communications, such as push notifications, require you to change the settings on your device if at any time you wish not to receive any future communications. Note that on occasion we send service-related announcements, such as disruption notifications, and you may not be able to opt- out of these communications.
English language version shall control
or write to us at Gaincode, Ltd.,
3A Little Denmark Complex,
147 Main Street, P.O. Box 4473,
Road Town, Tortola, British Virgin Islands VG1110